Wednesday, January 28, 2009

St. George Trip

This past week the kids and I went down and spent some time in my old hometown of St. George. It was so nice to get away and go down see my sister, niece and nephews, although the weather was chilly it sure beat the temperatures back in SLC..oh, and the clean air it felt so good to be able to actually breathe. While we were there we were able to help my sister pack a few boxes in prep for her move into her CUTE new house, shopping, visiting the Brigham Young winter home, swimming(thanks uncle Darren) and visiting old family friends. Our family has dear friends that we have known forever they are like a 3rd set of grandparents to my kids. Wayne and Loyanne sure treat each of the kids so special and they always seem to have some new little doll, paper doll, tea set to show the kids. We love spending time at their home and feeling so loved and welcomed by them.
We are so grateful to gramma and grampa for taking us down and letting us use their beautiful condo we always have such a wonderful time with you guys and making everything so special and exciting for the kids. Grampa thank you for taking each of the grandkids shopping and buying each of them an outfit of their choice. Thanks for offering to buy me a pair of $196.00 pair of jeans. Now, why didn't I take you up on that offer?? Come to think of it...does the offer still stand? Mom, thank you for taking the girls down to the gift shop and letting them pick a necklace of there choice.
I am so bummed. I brought my camera and intended to take lots of pictures but I only managed to get one. Oh, well I will make up for it when we head back down in a couple of months to meet our new little niece. I cant wait! On the other hand...I can wait...don't even get me started on the car ride down and back. Oh BOY!

3 comments:

The Roe Family said...

Sounds like you all had a great time in St. George! We have driven there only once with the kids, and it is not something I want to repeat anytime soon! Such a looong ride, but it sounds like it was well worth it. I hope poor little Cohen finger is okay! OUCH!

chelon:) said...

$196 jeans and you turned him down?? are you crazy ;) sounds like a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

I know! Dad was so willing to buy us $200 jeans. After looking for something to wear out tonight, I am now wishing I would have taken him up on the offer. Mom and Dad are the best.