Sunday, April 6, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...

I cant believe that I have a child who is 7 years old. Holy moly, that makes me feel old. Seven years has just kind of crept up on us, it has come much faster than what I would have liked:( All in all it has been so exciting to see her grow up over these last 7 years into a beautiful young lady. She really is a great kid! We had a great birthday weekend. It started with Nana and Papa coming up for lunch and cake(Thanks for the pizza and yummy cake:) she opened their gift which was a scrap booking kit, she also opened her gift from her cousins in Texas, a barbie. I am so glad that she still is into barbies and dolls and little girl things. I don't want her to grow up faster than she has. Next day Gramma Shawna took her birthday shopping, she had a blast! She said, "mom, I really love gramma and grampa, because they love me sooo much, plus they SPOIL me." It is true they do. Thanks gramma Shawna. So, I am not kidding when I say it was a party weekend....the day of her actual b-day(April 5) we had 11 girls over at our home. It was a blast, we had pizza, danced, sang, and did the usual birthday things. Later in the evening Emerson got to take 5 of her friends bowling at Fat Cats. We bowled and had a wonderful time, after we settled our hunger pains at Costa Vida, where we watched boys surf at the new indoor surfing complex. The girls all started giggling and I asked them what was so funny....they said," that boy, who just was on his surf board, he winked at us!" Oh, my......it is 7 going on 17! YIKES!!! We finished off the weekend by having all of my family over for cake and ice cream. She opened her gift from gramma and grampa, it was a Madame Alexander collecter doll. Thanks everyone for making her birthday so Great... Happy Birthday Beetle-Bee, We LOVE you.

3 comments:

chelon:) said...

oh my goodness!! i love all of the updates! emmy, i can't believe that you are seven years old. it seems like yesterday i was holding you as a chunky (soooo stinkin' cute) baby. my how the time flies. you are most certainly turning into a beautiful young girl. we love you and wish that we were there to celebrate with you. all our love...the texas colquitts!

The Wells Family said...

Good gravy! I am loving all of these pictures! I think I need a little girl! I am totally dying over the gym pics of Emmie. I don't think my body was ever created the work the way. I can't even do a cartwheel let alone a back bend! And ballet seems to fitting for sweet Claire.

Anonymous said...

My little Emerson Rose is seven years old! What a sweet young lady you have turned out to be. Your mom and dad have taught you well. They are so dedicated to you and your sis and brother. Spending time with you as mich as they can. Gramma and grampa are so glad they get to see you several times aweek and talk to you. happy Birthday Emerson, may your year be filled with joy, fun, happiness, and much love from your family.

Love Gramma&Grampa