Sunday, April 6, 2008

DANCING DIVAS!!

Emerson and Claire have both recently started dance and gymnastics and LOVE it! Emerson sure has taken to gymnastics really well. She climbs the rope like a monkey...she gets to the top in no time and her back bends are beautiful. She is practicing really hard everyday to do a back walk over. Every time I watch her I cringe. It doesn't seem normal to bend your body into weird contortion's. I guess we just have to sit back and watch her develop her own talents, hoping she doesn't follow in her moms footsteps. When I was in high school, I decided to take some gymnastic classes to help me with my cheer leading....lets just say when your 16, you shouldn't start something like this so late in life. I was running to do a round off back handspring, when I so graciously tripped, my wrist collapsed mid back handspring, and resulted in torn muscles in my back and neck, which lead to weeks of physical therapy and a lovely neck brace....yes, I said it a NECK BRACE! How embarrassing. That is why I had such anxiety and fear when the girls asked if they could take gymnastics. The result, Emerson(since she is older and I hate to say it, but less accident prone) got to take while Claire is in a dance class:) I told Claire when she turns "5" she will be able to join her sister in the gymnastic world, until then...ballet! It is so fun to watch Claire each week. She is such a dainty little girl. So whimsical. She gets out on the open floor and just forgets that there are other little girls are around. She really is such a beautiful dancer, a natural performer. Good Job CLAIRE!!

No comments: