Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Saying Goodbye...

Last night Scott and I drove up to University Hospital to say goodbye to his granny. It was hard to go into her room and see her laying in her bed so motionless. I was yearning to hear her say,"hey, doll how are ya? You look lovely." I sat by her bedside held her hand and thanked her for being my friend, for loving my Scottie so much, and loving my little ones. I am so grateful for the time she was here in Utah that she came to eat pumpkin pie at my house, visit with my kids while I had Dr.'s appts, and having bbq's at Steph's house. I am grateful that I got to really spend time with her a few years back as she helped me sew fabric blocks together in hoping to get a quilt done(we got all the blocks sewn, but regretfully never pieced the quilt together) she was a perfectionist at the sewing machine and often times checked my lines and literally made me start over from the beginning, but I loved it. I loved hearing all of her stories of her days growing up in England. I will miss our weekly check in calls, and her letters that she used to type to us that always managed to have a sticker of a cat on it somewhere(in homage to her love of cats, and closing every letter with "love granny & puddin' followed closely with a pawprint)
It is hard to say goodbye, but the thing that makes it feel a little better is knowing that she knows how much she was loved by me. Love you Nana Peg!

6 comments:

chelon:) said...

beautifully said! we are sad that we are not there to say goodbye too...if you see her again, give her a kiss from us!! xoxo

Samantha said...

So sorry about Scott's grandma. She sounds like a sweet lady who will be greatly missed.

Alex Perry said...

ahhh...guys I'm really sorry. You're right, it's so hard to say goodbye to someone/something. But, she'll be in a much better place than this crazy world.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to say good-bye, but so wonderful to hear the nice things about nana Peg. I enjoyed meeting her. Scott, you , and the girls will have some memories of Nana Peg. Jamee, you have always had a special place in your heart for elderly people,disabled, and those that have been teased. I am so proud of you, and your love and compassion for others.

Love, mom

mitsy said...

So hard to say goodbye. Sounds like the world lost an angel. =( Beautifully put Jamee and your attitude is inspiring!

mitsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.