Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

So, we planned on doing lots of fun activities on Memorial Day but when we awoke it was cold and rainy. This Utah weather is so funny one day it is 86 and the next we have a cold front that nearly freezes you to death. We met up with my sisters, nieces and my parents for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I do have to say they have amazing breakfasts and after eating one you do not need to eat until dinner:) After breakfast we went to Macy's to find me a bathing suit(i do not suggest doing this after eating a huge breakfast...looking at yourself in a a 360* mirror in a bathing suit is most frightening:) After trying on about 10 suits I finally found one and one that my husband actually picked out for me. I am impressed with his style and shopping sense. Although, I have to say I am dreading the swimsuit season and actually putting the suit on for everyone to see me in. AWWHHHHH!
We finished the day by hanging out at my parents and watching old home movies of me and my sisters in high school. We have never laughed so hard. It was great going back to see the hair(permed), the cheer leading(looks like I missed out on a lot of practices, hmm..I wonder where I went:) and most of all my teenage attitude(puberty! geez, i never realized what I stinker I really was and the faces and attitudes I pulled) It was so good to go back a remember the good ol' days. Thanks Mom and Dad for putting the movies on and letting us hang out and eat treats. Most of all thanks for filming those important times in our lives I do appreciate it NOW! We had a great Memorial Day with you guys and once again made many wonderful memories with you!

1 comment:

chelon:) said...

i love old home movies. they always make you feel like such an idiot for acting the way that you did!! but it is so entertaining. i am sure that you were perfect in high school and didn't do any silly things for the camera :)