Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy #6 CLAIRE

CLAIRE ELIZABETH COLQUITT
September 22, 2003
Born at 2:16 p.m.
6 pounds 5 ounces
19.5 inches
Born 31/2 weeks early, fast,scary(placental tear, shocking my tummy to get heartbeat)delivery. Came out perfect, sweet, calm and to this day those characteristics have not changed one bit.
Claire has been such a joy in our home. She is such a kind hearted, funny, caring, compassionate little girl. She is so excited about life and truly cares about the happiness of others around her. The picture above was chosen because she is an absolute animal LOVER of ALL animals.
Today in the car as we were running errands this was a conversation Claire and I had.
C: Mom am I 6 yet?
Me: Yes, you are 6! Can you believe it?
C: No! I don't feel 6 and I certainly don't look 6!
If that isn't the most innocent , sweet and completely serious conversation.....well than I don't know what is!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE-BEAR!!

7 comments:

The Roe Family said...

Sounds like you have a sweet little girl. Hope she has a very happy birthday!

The Wells Family said...

happy birthday sweet girl! i still remember WAY back when i was her sunbeam teacher and she made the most darling comment.

i was talking to a little boy's mom and i told her he was so adorable i could just eat him up! and claire was standing next to me and said, "teacher, i could eat him up, too."

i loved that comment and still do! that class was my most favorite primary teaching job EVER!

Janes said...

oh-my heart is smiling for my little Claire Bear. she is such a joy and you must be so proud Jamee and Scott..I can't believe how happy she is and how loving she is to all...her little 6 years smile is so precious...love her

Grandpa Curtis said...

Thats our special Claire!!!

All our grandkids are so special each in their own little way, but that Claire tugs at everyones' heart strings. Happy Birthday Claire-Bear. Hope you enjoy being 6 !!!
Loves Grandpa Curtis

Alex Perry said...

ohhh, she's such a sweet girl. I miss having her running around our house too. Eryka sure misses her! Happy Birthday cute girl.

chelon:) said...

happy birthday sweet girl! we love you and miss you very much. xoxo

gramma said...

Dear Sweet Claire,

I love this picture of you on the horse.You look so cute. I hope you have a wonderful year. I love you very much.

Love Gramma Warrick